Friday, December 21, 2007

Part II: The birth of a Brand New Ship

I remembered that day clearly. The sun hung low in the sky, soaking the world in gold. The ship stood at the jetty in all its glory, ready to set out towards Triceratan Island. But I was glum. My father was with me then. He pulled me out of the Self Crashing Car he modified, and then towards the Triceraship.

“Look! I designed this ship with a partner. It is invincible, made out of steeeeeeel! Not steel, but steeeeeeel, with 7 ‘e’s. Much stronger than usual. It’s really unsinkable!” my father boasted about his ship, waved his paws enthusiastically, anything to get my attention. Nothing seemed to work for me. I would continue to be glum.

The truth is, I look like a prim and proper and plump healthy bear. But I’m not that grand, spoilt and rich inside. I feel, something that wants to escape, to be let free like a flock of baby birds! I did not want to be in the top class cabin in the ship. So I was glum.

Besides, no one seemed to understand me either. So I wasn’t really expecting a complete turn of events. At least not from a bunny wunny who gives me a ‘lame’ face all the time.

I sighed deeply and stared at the ship. The mast was tall, but a few gobbly weiqi seeds had managed to shoot themselves up there. How I wish I was there too…frolicking…hope I’m too fat to be gobbled up. At the front, the sails fluttered gently. Towards the back, steam sprouted from four ‘steeeeeeel’ chimneys.

The great fat bear coloured ship stood, new, waiting for me to board. I took a deep breath. And another. And another. And I continued to deep breathe as if it was absolutely normal, while I made my way to the ship, baggage following me behind with the frail stick-on legs I stuck there rather clumsily.

_/TTT\_
_@_@_
(beep)
self crashing car

No comments: